Bike

Bike



Wednesday 3 August 2011

Cyclepowermeters.com – Customer Service Extradordinaire

Being an amateur cyclist can be a tough road. Not only do you have to do all the training and put in the hours, but you have to find ways to gain every last second you can on the road – by the way of the best equipment you can get ahold of.

Now this may seem like a simple concept, but when you have limited funds, you sometimes have to rely on the kindness of others to get the bits you need. I am constantly begging companies to help me out in any way they feel comfortable. Usually this comes in the form of discounts or advice and it can be just a one-off transaction.

But occasionally I get the chance to be associated with a company that goes above and beyond. And they don't just treat ME this way – they treat all their customers with the same level of professionalism and service. And that has been my experience with Cyclepowermeters.com (www.cyclepowermeters.com).

The man behind Cyclepowermeters is Bob Tobin – and he knows pretty much everything there is to know about power measurement. We're talking Powertaps, Quarqs, SRMs, Ergomo – if you need a system to measure your power output on the bike – Bob is your man.

I first had the opportunity to deal with this company a few years ago when I was looking to try out a Powertap wheel and see if there was any benefit to my training. They offer most power measurement systems for rental (at great prices) so that you try them out without committing to buying one (which can be an expensive proposition in some cases). I hired out a wheel for 3 months and I was hooked. It revolutionised the way that I trained and my riding immediately improved. I have been hooked ever since.

Earlier this year I went back to the good folks at Cyclepowermeters to see if they could help me out with a crank-based power measurement system as I needed something that I could use on both my race and TT bike in both training and racing scenarios. Powertap wheels are great, but impractical for TT racing. A crank-based system ticks all the boxes though.

With the aid of Bob's second in command – Rachel Lloyd – they helped me secure a new crank-based system as well as sourcing a very hard to find crank arm to suit my special needs. Once again, my training and racing improved as I was getting feedback not just from training rides, but also from races.

When I had problems with the unit (manufacturer defect) they replaced it no questions asked – the same day. When the replacement unit also failed a few weeks later and I decided to move to a different system – they once again helped me out. No questions asked. And when there was a delay in getting the new system, they arranged for a replacement system for me to use in the meantime. No questions asked.

I have dealt with many companies in my cycling career. Most with be happy to help you out, answer all your questions and smile politely for you. Right up to the point that you purchase something. But after that they move on and it can be difficult to get any sort of follow up service. Bob and Rachel and the exception to the rule – always there and always helpful. (But they ARE busy so sometimes they can't answer your call or email on the spot so if you can't get ahold of them immediately, they don't worry. They WILL get back to you!)

There is no one else in the UK (or Ireland) that does what they do. So... if you want to rent or buy a power meter of any kind – they are the folks to talk to. Great prices and great service. Can't recommend them any more than this.

If you need any more information email or call their sales/rental team on 01788 556860 - and they will be happy to help you. www.cyclepowermeters.com



Cyclepowermeters Ltd
18 Arches Business Centre, Mill Road
Rugby, Warwickshire, England, CV21 1QW
Callers by appointment only
Office opening times
Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00

Telephone: +44 (0) 1788 556860
Fax: +44 (0) 1788 556869
Emailsales@cyclepowermeters.com


Sales/AccountsAmanda TobinTel. +44(0) 1788-556862
Email: amanda@cyclepowermeters.com
Technical / Sales/PurchasingBob TobinTel. +44(0) 1788-556863
Email: bob@cyclepowermeters.com
Sales/Office AdminRachel LloydTel. +44(0) 1788-556860
Email: rachel@cyclepowermeters.com