Bike

Bike



Thursday 8 September 2011

Say hello to the new World Champion


Buzzing. That's the only way I can describe this feeling. I'm in Denmark for the 2011 Paracycling Road and Time Trial World Championships... and I've just won the biggest race of my life. I've been target tin this one all year - it's the one I've wanted to win more than any other.

And today – I became the new World Champion in the time trial. 

All week the weather has been horrible; either raining or windy. Or both. The course is challenging due to the multitude of sharp and fast corners and in wet and windy conditions, it can be difficult to stay upright. But today, the rains stayed way, the winds (although present) were under control and all that was left to do was go out and ride.

I'll post more when I get a chance, but now I'm off to bed to rest up and start getting ready for the road race the day after tomorrow!